Choir of Hope
The Choir of HOPE aims to bring together ladies to enable you to grow your self-confidence and self-esteem, as it's been scientifically proven that it is good for your health. Also singing brings joy to many people – but did you know that your passion for singing can lead to other surprising benefits?
Consider all the health benefits of singing and you’ll never want to sit silent ever again!
- Singing helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Singing is a workout; it can be an excellent form of exercise. Your lungs will get a workout as you employ proper singing techniques and vocal projections.
- Singing improves your posture; by standing up straight is all part of correct technique as you’re singing, so with time, good posture will become a habit!
- Singing is known to release endorphins, the feel-good brain chemical that makes you feel uplifted and happy.
- Singing lowers stress levels, as making music in any form is relaxing. Singing releases stored muscle tension and decreases the levels of a stress hormone called cortisol in your blood stream.
- Singing improves mental alertness.
- Singing can widen your circle of friends. The bonds you form singing with others can be profound.
- Singing boosts your confidence; performing well and receiving praise from your friends and family may be the key to eventually overcoming your fears and boosting your self-confidence.
- Singing broadens communication skills; music is just as important as teaching reading and writing at a young age to prevent language problems later in life.
13th, 20th, 27th September
4th, 11th October
1st, 15th, 29th November
Where: Gallery Bar, Watton Sports Centre, Dereham Road, Watton IP25 6EZ
Time: 10.00 am til 12.00noon
Hot drinks will be available. Cold drinks/snacks/meals can be purchased from the Sports Centre Bar